Chat
It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 05:24  




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS== 
AuthorMessage

Joined: 10.2013
Posts: 71
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
Thanks for the reply, it was just a thought I had. Everyone is stoked about the point system so everyone is out farming jewels! I think that says how well received the new event-point system is. I'm sure it will cool down over time...

More mobs dropping 4 jewels jewels might be the right answer. Not easier, just more of them available so we don't have a waiting line...lol.


I've farmed up 5 or 6 stacks since the new system started. Figured I'd wait till I had 8 or more to do an exchange...don't want to be a pest.

It's a great idea and a great system that addresses a few things all at once...it allows people to work toward relic when Dynamis is down...and not only that, you can work toward lots of other high end gear with the same point base...I like that system.


06 Feb 2014, 21:41
Profile

Joined: 01.2014
Posts: 10
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
Can we get some more events? I know the staff is kinda stretched thin at the moment but it dosen't have to be a NM event. It could be a choco race, exp event, crafting event, pvp event...ect. Stuff that isn't too difficult for the staff to run whenever doing a NM event is to big. And also we don't need a large group to do an event. Just being in the right place at the right time "prime times". Thank you ~Edd


07 Feb 2014, 19:17
Profile

Joined: 01.2014
Posts: 2
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
Since Dynamis has been broken for a few weeks now, I was wondering if we can finish getting our lvl 75 relics through Tanzanite Jewels instead of AC.


09 Feb 2014, 07:43
Profile

Joined: 12.2013
Posts: 27
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
"75 pts to swap weapon"

Does that apply to 99-4 Relic/Mythic/Empyrean?

I would like to swap my 99-4 Kikoku for a 99-4 H2H.


13 Feb 2014, 21:54
Profile

Joined: 01.2014
Posts: 13
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
thats exactly what it means ^^


13 Feb 2014, 22:09
Profile

Joined: 10.2013
Posts: 71
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
Can we get a list of the reforged +1 armor available (as in that has been coded)?

I know it's not all in yet...or it wasn't last time I saw Mike talking about it.

As far as I know, War, Nin, Drk and Rdm are available, but have no idea about the other jobs.

Can you give an update-able list that lets us know when a set has been coded in and ready to exchange for points?

I know the skirmish +1 gear is now out in retail, but I don't know if Mike has any plans to code that in any time soon...I do know he was working on the AF reforged +1....

BTW...Relic reforged +1 hands, feet and head are also now in retail...not sure what the plans are for those either.


28 Feb 2014, 22:35
Profile

Joined: 02.2014
Posts: 23
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
Mutilation wrote:
In my opinion the Jewel mobs are not hard enough, literally they can all be taken down with ease as long as you pay attention for about 1-2 mins


Have to disagree with you there Mutilation. Only Hulk and other players with the best gear can solo Indrik in 2 minutes. I can solo Indrik in 5-6 minutes on DRK, so add the respawn time of 5 minutes and your looking at roughly 2 stacks per hour or rather 2 DKP per hour. That's a bit slow IMO compared to events. Understand that jewels are an extra way for players to earn DKP, but for some, it's virtually the only way.

I join events whenever I can but that will be few and far between. I was at home the past week and a half and was able to join several events, which I'm very grateful to the GMs for, but back to work now so Jewels will once again be the primary way for me to earn DKP.

Anyway, guess that's my problem... not yours. Just wish there was a faster way to earn points outsde of events.


03 Mar 2014, 08:40
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 12.2013
Posts: 15
Gender: Male
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
aeon wrote:
Mutilation wrote:
In my opinion the Jewel mobs are not hard enough, literally they can all be taken down with ease as long as you pay attention for about 1-2 mins


Have to disagree with you there Mutilation. Only Hulk and other players with the best gear can solo Indrik in 2 minutes. I can solo Indrik in 5-6 minutes on DRK, so add the respawn time of 5 minutes and your looking at roughly 2 stacks per hour or rather 2 DKP per hour. That's a bit slow IMO compared to events. Understand that jewels are an extra way for players to earn DKP, but for some, it's virtually the only way.

I join events whenever I can but that will be few and far between. I was at home the past week and a half and was able to join several events, which I'm very grateful to the GMs for, but back to work now so Jewels will once again be the primary way for me to earn DKP.

Anyway, guess that's my problem... not yours. Just wish there was a faster way to earn points outsde of events.


Thats why there is multiple mobs that have 3 of them up so you dont have to wait 5 min for respawn.... and seriously 5-6 min to get 4 jewels? slow? i mean i know things are easier to do on this private server but come on just try to think of what things were like back in retail and or other games here let me make an example for people that only played post aby in retail..... Ex farming say Sobek to get a Kannagi which you needed 50 to complete 1 trial of it to get those 50 you had to kill anywhere from 25-50 sobeks to spawn 1 sobek you had to kill 3 other NM's and get the Key Items off them and for 2 of those 3 other NM's you had to farm normal mobs to spawn them and for the other 1 of the 3 is a 15 min respawn...... all that for 1 sobek spawn to get 1-2 sobek skins of the 50 you need.......... so please spare me with being upset about 3 extra mins it takes you to kill a mob then all the elite geared people, here is what i can tell you if you dont have the gear then fine make alt characters (ex: 1 whm 2blm) and kill the mobs quicker or make it to where you can sustain longer

_________________
Image


04 Mar 2014, 08:50
Profile

Joined: 02.2014
Posts: 23
Gender: None specified
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
Mutilation wrote:
aeon wrote:
Mutilation wrote:
In my opinion the Jewel mobs are not hard enough, literally they can all be taken down with ease as long as you pay attention for about 1-2 mins


Have to disagree with you there Mutilation. Only Hulk and other players with the best gear can solo Indrik in 2 minutes. I can solo Indrik in 5-6 minutes on DRK, so add the respawn time of 5 minutes and your looking at roughly 2 stacks per hour or rather 2 DKP per hour. That's a bit slow IMO compared to events. Understand that jewels are an extra way for players to earn DKP, but for some, it's virtually the only way.

I join events whenever I can but that will be few and far between. I was at home the past week and a half and was able to join several events, which I'm very grateful to the GMs for, but back to work now so Jewels will once again be the primary way for me to earn DKP.

Anyway, guess that's my problem... not yours. Just wish there was a faster way to earn points outsde of events.


Thats why there is multiple mobs that have 3 of them up so you dont have to wait 5 min for respawn.... and seriously 5-6 min to get 4 jewels? slow? i mean i know things are easier to do on this private server but come on just try to think of what things were like back in retail and or other games here let me make an example for people that only played post aby in retail..... Ex farming say Sobek to get a Kannagi which you needed 50 to complete 1 trial of it to get those 50 you had to kill anywhere from 25-50 sobeks to spawn 1 sobek you had to kill 3 other NM's and get the Key Items off them and for 2 of those 3 other NM's you had to farm normal mobs to spawn them and for the other 1 of the 3 is a 15 min respawn...... all that for 1 sobek spawn to get 1-2 sobek skins of the 50 you need.......... so please spare me with being upset about 3 extra mins it takes you to kill a mob then all the elite geared people, here is what i can tell you if you dont have the gear then fine make alt characters (ex: 1 whm 2blm) and kill the mobs quicker or make it to where you can sustain longer


You just don't get it... not everyone can dual/trio/quadruple box as you suggested. Also I am comparing the amount of points the average player can earn in events versus jewels.

Most events you get around 6pts per hour. Jewel farming yields 2pts per hour for the average player. So ppl who aren't able to attend events regularly, it will take them 3 times as long to earn the same gear. Is that fair?

I don't expect an alternative that produces the same yield as events, as that may deter ppl from joining in on events. Just would be nice to have an alternative to events that's isn't 3 times slower. I think something that yielded around 75% or 4 points per hour for the average player would be fair.


04 Mar 2014, 13:20
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 12.2013
Posts: 15
Gender: Male
Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
aeon wrote:
You just don't get it... not everyone can dual/trio/quadruple box as you suggested. Also I am comparing the amount of points the average player can earn in events versus jewels.

Most events you get around 6pts per hour. Jewel farming yields 2pts per hour for the average player. So ppl who aren't able to attend events regularly, it will take them 3 times as long to earn the same gear. Is that fair?

I don't expect an alternative that produces the same yield as events, as that may deter ppl from joining in on events. Just would be nice to have an alternative to events that's isn't 3 times slower. I think something that yielded around 75% or 4 points per hour for the average player would be fair.


I understand it perfectly you just arnt looking at all the possible things you could do. If you cant dual/trio/quadruple box then go farm with another person until you have the gear to farm quick on your own. Yes it is fair, if it takes them a long time to farm then thats why they are farming to begin with to get better gear to make them stronger right? You wanna farm like them then put in the time to get SoA gear even if you have to split jewels with another person for awhile can go kill the 3 apa's or the 3 behemoths so you dont have to wait for respawns.... also i will state this one last time, Jewel farming is a bonus i did not have to add it, i did it so you guys would still be able to farm when no events are going. You do realize the whole point system is to give people who cant donate a chance to obtain donated gear.

_________________
Image


04 Mar 2014, 14:46
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
© phpBB® Forum Software | designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums 3 & Free Forums/DivisionCore. phpBB3 free Forum by UserBoard.org | All Rights Reserved.