Chat
It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 05:23  

==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS== 
AuthorMessage

Post Re: ==NEW POINT SYSTEM FOR EVENTS==
On retail, I made multiple Empyrean weapons. I was in a shell, along with Aurum, Abarai, and Dillus, dedicated to Empyrean weapon building. The first 10 stages of building this weapon required a total of 41 NM kills, a vast majority of those being NMs with long respawn times and being lottery pops, requiring you to wait for the respawn and the actual pop. The next stage required 50 items dropped from a certain NM, which meant you required 25-50 kills of that NM within the specific Abyssea zone. These NMs had to be popped by killing other NMs within the zone and collecting certain Key Items for them. After finally fulfilling this tall task, you received the BASE Empyrean weapon, not even the one capable of using the weaponskill. In order to attain the weaponskill, you had to repeat the Abyssea NM process again to further the trial. Our shell had events every single weekday, and we were able to finish approximately 2-3 stages a month, (sometimes more if certain NMs were easy) each stage for a separate player. It was primarily the 4 of us, and each one of us built a minimum of two Empyrean weapons. This took all of us a large amount of time, as can be easily demonstrated.

On this server, with all of the jewels I have, I am 20 points away from being able to afford a 99-4 Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapon. Let me say that again: a 99-4, the strongest version of these weapons. Remember the time investment I explained for Empyreans? Double that for a relic, and quadruple it for a mythic. I spent approximately a total of 2 months on just my own weapons to attain an Almace and a Verethragna in retail, both at 85, while I was halfway through the 75 items needed for my Almace to be moved to 90. I have spent one month farming here, most of the time with only 2, possibly 3, days of a few hours of jewel farming, and I am almost able to purchase a 99-4 weapon. That is utterly and completely insane.

Now I know you'll say that I must have amazing gear or some other advantage over the common player, but I do not. The only two items I have that are not capable of being farmed are the Ares +1 legs and hands, which cost me a total of 10 stacks of jewels, something I was able to farm within my first day camping Indrik. Every single other item I have has come from the NMs in the past zones, farming Ancient Beastcoins, killing Tiamat, or from asking for help with a Shinryu kill and being practically handed a sword from kind members of the Linkshell.

I'll now lay out a strategy for farming every single Jewel NM.

Ningishzida - The lowest HP of any of the NMs, Ning is a good starting NM, but he does have his caveats. He will use Pyric Bulwark, which gives him full physical immunity for a few minutes. You will need to either dispel this quickly, be a MNK with Formless Strikes, or keep him broken on DRK so well that he can not use TP moves. Approximately 2-5 minutes, depending on luck with Pyric Bulwark. Only one pop as well, but not camped often at all, unless Helix is around.
2 characters recommended (simply for dispel, as he does not hurt particularly much)

Indrik - A very easy kill as he does not use TP moves, but he is overcamped with there being only one of him and a fair respawn time. Go drk/sam or drk/war and apply Dread Spikes every time it wears, as he will deal damage to himself every time he hits you along with the damage you are dealing to him. This makes him a very simple and clean kill that shouldn't take longer than four minutes.

Apademak - My personal favorite, this guy is the fastest kill out of all of the jewel NMs other than Ningishzida. However, he has nasty TP moves that will require you to bring a mage along to help in a kill. You will need Stona, Paralyna, and heals to be able to combat his abilities. Keep him broken to the best of your abilities as DRK, and if you time it properly, he won't even be able to use an ability. I am normally able to kill 1 and 1/2 Apademaks within the duration of my Last Resort effect, which is a total of 3 minutes, and there are 3 there. Hulk's playground, but the area does open up eventually.
2 characters recommended.

Hadhayosh - A simple, albeit much longer solo than the others described. He has much more health than the other NMs, and takes time to kill. Having said that, his TP moves are not difficult to deal with, especially with Drain, Drain II, and the book regen from FoV. Again, DRK is king here. Break him, keep yourself alive, rinse and repeat. Approximately a 5 minute kill each pop. A slower kill, but a soloable one with three pops. 99% of the time, he is not camped.

Briareus - Don't. Just don't. He does not drop a guaranteed four jewels like any of the other NMs, and he takes just as long as Hadhayosh to kill. Ignore him completely.

Hopefully all of this new information brought to light the relative ease we have here in attaining gear that would have taken an exorbitant amount of time in retail. In the time it took me to write this message, I could have farmed a minimum of three stacks. So, now, I will log on and begin farming.

04 Mar 2014, 21:56

any chance that we can get rid of the "trash" drops from jewel NM's. I know I would be more inclined to do Hadhayosh if he didn't drop all those ores.
Point system is great btw Mutilation.

strongly agreed with oraen, Would not want to farm this stuff on retail

04 Mar 2014, 22:02

Hopefully the GM's can talk Mike into making a few more Jewel NM's just to spread the love around and make some diversity.

You have to build to kill these. Start with the NM gear dropped in S zones...then farm to get the salvage +1 stuff...then farm jewels till you can get better stuff to kill faster. If it was any easier than that, people would still find reasons to complain and/or get bored.

I admit, farming jewels is about as fun as watching paint dry...but at least the option is there.

As far as Ningiszida...I am happy to share the single pop...I generally farm it cause no one else ever does. Very easy fight for a decently equipped mnk/rdm. For the first 20-25 % of his life, cast dispel when the Bulwark goes off...you'd be surprised how often I dispel it even subbing rdm...after less than 80% life, pop formless strikes and rip him to pieces! Fully merited, formless strikes lasts about 180 seconds (3 mins)...+/- a second or two. If anyone wants it, come and get it...even if I am there, just let me know and I'll let you have it.

04 Mar 2014, 22:43

gomagoma wrote:
Points can and only will be given by a GM. The points given per event is decided by the GM running the event, if you have a issue with how many points you recieved from a certain event then that issue will only be discussed with the GM that ran that particular event.

Games For Free
http://www.topgamerz.in

Gomagoma...are you retarded or just stupid?

Server closed...stop spamming your shit here...I wouldn't go to that site now if it was the last place to play games on the net... because of you.

03 Apr 2014, 17:47