Welcome, this is the guide, if you need help on the guide contact me on irc,do step 31 first
if you dont have the game: download it using bittorrent or utorrent at: http://www.skidrowgames.com/5723/a-c/fi ... a-edition/
Run “FINALFANTASYXIUCAE.exe”. This will uncompress the digital download files and begin installing Playonline Viewer, Final Fantasy XI, and each expansion. It will ask you to select “next” a few times for each installation.
The order installed is automated, after it installs one the next will start soonafter. Keep doing so until it installs everything (Wings of the Goddess expansion will be last to install).
1. Install PlayOnline, Final Fantasy XI, and then all the expansions (including Wings of the Goddess).
2. Run PlayOnline and let it update.
3. Close PlayOnline viewer.
4. Download the following file: http://uploading.com/6f69ddmf/PXI-FFXI-UpdatePatch-zip
5. Extract its contents to your c:\program files\PlayOnline\Squareenix\Final Fantasy XI.
6. Run PlayOnline again and choose For PlayOnline Members
7. At the Add Member page enter something for the Member Name.
8. Enter ABCD1234 for the PlayOnline ID
9. Select Register, Yes, OK.
10. Select Check Files on the left of the screen.
11. Click on PlayOnline Viewer then select Final Fantasy XI from the drop down, then Check Files.
12. After the 7 or so hours of updating, FFXI should be up to date.
13. Exit PlayOnline Viewer.
14. Copy the data folder at C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\data to the Final Fantasy XI directory at C:\Program Files\PlayOnline \SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI.
15. Afterwards you should have the directory C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\data.
USE STEP 22!
22. use the ffxi-boot clienthttp://uploading.com/files/get/2fc6e72e/ffxi-boot.rar
just put the files from within the ffxi-boot folder to your instal dir in:
and change the ffxi-boot.ini with you username and password and the ip for the server
it should look like this:
SERVIP = 18.104.22.168 <---- server ip!
AUTOLOGIN = 1
USERNAME = username
PASSWORD = password
LANGUAGE = 1
## VERSION can be NA,EU or JP. This needs to reflect the POL version you have installed.
VERSION = NA
X_RES = 1024
Y_RES = 768
change username and password with yours
23. The username and password should be over 6 characters long.
24. You can save the username and password into the ffxi-boot.ini.
25. Choose option 1; Login using existing account
26. Login with username and password.
27. FFXI should load and be on the splash screen. Choose Accept.
28. Create a Character, Select a Country, then choose Yes to Register and begin play.
29. it could happen that it gets stuck 1 or 2 time right before going into the game,but dont worry it will do it perfectly the second or third time and from then it will load normally everytime
30.if you get MSVCR100.dll is missing you need to download one of the two:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5555
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=14632
and if you get failed accept 10093.
you didnt run it as admin on vista.
or you didnt copy the data folder.
or you have to uninstall .and then instal and update it again :(
31. contact me on irc:
if you're familiar with IRC.
If you're not:
Web chat: http://rizon.net/chat
or Fullscreen web chat: https://qchat.rizon.net/
Pick a nickname
(my name is mvd1987 on irc)
unlock all jobs
all gate crystals
all 3 nation rings
all when you start the game.
talk to one of my little helpers :P
1: at bastok mines/ just talk to dry bones at h-7 to get all
2: at windurst walls/ just talk to anini at H-5 to get all
3: at north san d'oria/ just talk to anilla at J-8 to get all
for the summoners to get all avatars:
talk to valeri in bastok mines at J-8 to get all avatars (not yet diabolos cause its not ready)
you will also get 80 slots of inventory when you have created a character :)
MSVCP110.dll is Missing
You will need to install the correct Redistributable Package from Microsoft. Please note that you cannot just take any of those, you need to pick the one that goes with your very specific version of Visual Studio. The link for example is for VS 2012 SP1. If you have another version, you need another vcredist package.
MSVCR110D.dll is Missing
The Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 must be installed in target machines.
msvcr110.dll is Missing
You need to install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st_x86.exe
Dual Boxing Crashes Second Client
This happens when running the clients in admin mode! Don't run as an admin.
Accept Failed 10093
Client is out of date. Run POL and update.
Open your FFXI folder. Then go into ROM\0 An delete 0.dat Open POL Then open regular PlayOnline, on the left click 'Check Files' select FFXi from the list.
Issue = Bad client file Fix =
1. Lets start with the easy stuff please make sure you have the ini and Final fantasy Config bothe set to the same resolution and make sure you are running the game as an admin!
2. If one did not work you may need to add your data folder from play online to the final fantasy ffxi folder! This could also Show you Build_100
3. If steps 1 and 2 are not working you may need to launch play online and try to recover your ffxi files through Check File This could also Show you Build_100
Your character is still logged in. Wait a 2-5 mins and try again. Your char has to time out.
Fix = wait 2-5 min continued login after this error could get you error 3001
Fix = This can also mean the login server is online but the game server itself has crashed. I will of course have it back up asap aka when i notice its down.
Build_100 When launching FFXI-boot
1. If one did not work you may need to add your data folder from play online to the final fantasy ffxi folder!
2. If steps 1 and 2 are not working you may need to launch play online and try to recover your ffxi files through Check File
3. This also happens if you try to enter a zone/expansion you don't have installed. Ask a GM to move your char or buy and install the expansion, your move.
FFXI - 3305
Your char probably hasn't timed out properly, wait 2 mins and try again. If that didn't work then server is probably down.
3101 is a disconnect with you and the login server.
The server could be down or ashita is outdated.
Another problem could be that your ashita is outdated (Weird, I know... but I had a guy with this issue and updating ashita fixed it)
FFXI-3322 while creating my character
1. Go to Playoneline Viewer folder (usually in C:/programs)
2. Copy data folder
3. Paste it in Final Fantasy XI folder
If that doesn't work, name could be taken or be too short.
You could not be logged in!
Password or username was not correct. Make sure the account exists.
Getting Japanese Error When Creating Char
The japanese error is mostly because your character name is already taken.
Check files only has PlayOnline Viewer and Tetra
Download this patch patch
Extract its contents to your PlayOnline/Squareenix/Final Fantasy XI directory.
I cannot see my character, any npcs or any players
Update your client. Copy the patch into ffxi directory and check files.
Can't repair file after deleteing .dat from ROM
Use the patch, check files and copy your 'data' folder over from /PlayOnlineViewer/ to /FINAL FANTASY XI/
/check not working anymore
Update your client!!
Error::FFXiLogin init_tcp_socket (10061)
Update ashita and your client!
Invisible character models
Try installing this Microsoft Package
Update your graphics driver
control panel > device manager > display adapters and chose the only one listed. It said the device is working properly, click the driver tab and select update driver > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers.
It listed 3 different drivers, The first one was Microsoft Basic Display Adapter I didn't choose that one, the other ones listed were 'Intel(R) HD Graphics' and 'Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2).
Couldn't Find Server
Keep in mind the login server could be down. You can try pinging the server from the cmd prompt.
Game Settings Do Not Save
Run the booter in admin mode. Right click and click on run as admin.
Can't Receive tells
Your name is too long or relog.
Don't connect to play online. Create an account and go straight to check files.
Update your client
Dual boxing overwrites my macros and settings
Use a different book.
Weird Things are Happening
Seriously your client is out of update. Update it.