Chat
It is currently 25 Sep 2017, 19:43  

Lucy Ford 
AuthorMessage

Post Lucy Ford
Hello everyone
You'v probably seen me in game and IRC, and since it's a slow day at work, I figure I'd tell a lil bit about myself.

First off.. Hi, I'm Andrew

I play Lucyford on Fantasyworld. At work I'm on IRC under FordTwo (durr)

I played Canadia (75SAM/75NIN main) on Ifrit (retail) since PS2 release to sometime during ToAU. I rolled with PhoenixDown, JoiningOfSix, and BigGameHunters. My favourite being JoS, as it had an amazing friends-first gaming community.
After FFXI i played a few other MMOs but nothing could really fill the void. at least a year or so ago I started looking for FFXI pservers, and I found one with virtually no content (probably an early DSPT build). I played for a bit and helped the owner test things (hah, he even made me a GM!) but RL stuff reared it's ugly head and I'd forgotten about it.

Fast Forward to about 2 weeks ago and I started looking again. after trying a couple others, I've settled down here as it really is like a "FFXI-Vets Retirement Home".

I played along time and most of it is coming back to me from wherever it was committed to memory (I can still navigate Elshimo without a map haha!) so if there's anything I can do to help others out, please just ask! But if you want me to help code or something then you've gotta train me a little first haha.

Yes, I am Canadian. Yes, I do speak french. No I do not live in an igloo, nor do I eat whale blubber sandwiches.

13 Mar 2013, 18:59

Post Re: Lucy Ford
FFXI-Vets Retirement Home, well said. Nice to meet you!

13 Mar 2013, 19:30

Sweet, Canadian here too, over in Alberta. Glad to see another on here lol.

14 Mar 2013, 02:36

Kinvess wrote:
Sweet, Canadian here too, over in Alberta...

I'm from Edmonton. Don't live there anymore tho haha

14 Mar 2013, 05:12

I'm living there now but moving to cold lake this summer for work. Gawd I can't stand that city anymore lol.

14 Mar 2013, 17:10

Winnipeg, MB. here. :)

14 Mar 2013, 17:15

siptyx wrote:
Hello everyone
You'v probably seen me in game and IRC, and since it's a slow day at work, I figure I'd tell a lil bit about myself.

First off.. Hi, I'm Andrew

I play Lucyford on Fantasyworld. At work I'm on IRC under FordTwo (durr)

I played Canadia (75SAM/75NIN main) on Ifrit (retail) since PS2 release to sometime during ToAU. I rolled with PhoenixDown, JoiningOfSix, and BigGameHunters. My favourite being JoS, as it had an amazing friends-first gaming community.
After FFXI i played a few other MMOs but nothing could really fill the void. at least a year or so ago I started looking for FFXI pservers, and I found one with virtually no content (probably an early DSPT build). I played for a bit and helped the owner test things (hah, he even made me a GM!) but RL stuff reared it's ugly head and I'd forgotten about it.

Fast Forward to about 2 weeks ago and I started looking again. after trying a couple others, I've settled down here as it really is like a "FFXI-Vets Retirement Home".

I played along time and most of it is coming back to me from wherever it was committed to memory (I can still navigate Elshimo without a map haha!) so if there's anything I can do to help others out, please just ask! But if you want me to help code or something then you've gotta train me a little first haha.

Yes, I am Canadian. Yes, I do speak french. No I do not live in an igloo, nor do I eat whale blubber sandwiches.

Glad to have you join us Lucyford. :D

I had the MMO searching problem as well.
Could never replace FFXI not matter how hard I tried, and
said I would never go back.

But, here I am.
Couldn't stop myself.

It definitely is like a retirement home.
All Vets can never replace their first experience running through FFXI,
but we're always seeking it. =P

At least we can come back here and have that nostalgia and
remember all the good times!

I thought it was just Eskimos in igloos and eating whale. :o
Canadians too!?!

Famous From Birth

17 Mar 2013, 22:57

Yeah, FFXI totally embodies that "Chasing the dragon" thing for me and gaming. I had the most fun doing my first few jobs in retail, getting SJ, unlocking advanced jobs, etc. But the best of it was exploring the new areas. I just can't get into the same state of mind for games nowdays, so i just stick with the one i liked the most :D

19 Mar 2013, 18:55

Nice to meet you.

18 Mar 2014, 02:36

I had the most fun doing my first few jobs in retail, getting SJ, unlocking advanced jobs, etc.

Games For Free
http://www.topgamerz.in

03 Apr 2014, 17:32